Monday, November 29, 2010

What's for Dinner??

So, just as an advance warning- this post will contain copious amounts of food photos and absolutely no photos of cute monkeys or beautiful Thailand scenery. Consider yourself warned!

Both Eric and I get a lot of questions from friends and families back home. A lot of those questions have to do with food; "What's the food like?" (Answer = delicious) and "Have you eaten any bugs yet? " (Answer = no, not yet. But it is on my to-do list) "Do you eat rice everyday?" (Answer = nope)

So to alleviate some of our families' concerns about our diet, I thought I would  take a photo of what we ate for dinner for a whole week. I am sorry that some of the photos show half eaten food, sometimes we were so hungry that I was halfway through my meal before I remembered to take a picture.

Monday: The Dubliner Pub in Bangkok.
Club sandwich for me and a burger for Eric
You can't go to a pub and not get a beer, right?
 Tuesday: Tacos and homemade apple pie
All that is missing is the cheese

 Wednesday: Pad Thai and a salad from the street vendors
All of this cost only 40 baht ($1.50)

 Thursday: Thai steakhouse that I can never remember the name of.
Chicken Cordon Bleu







Friday: Hua Hin Night Market
Yes, that IS a 1/2 pound shrimp!
A napkin bikini to complement my girly drink

 Saturday: Hua Hin beach restaurant
BBQ ribs and deep fried sea bass
Som Tum and Tom Yum Goong

Sunday: Street Vendors at the Loy Krathong celebration
Pork, pickles and eggs, oh my!

1 comment: