Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mmmmm Texture...

6x6 art swap 1

Ahhh, I just love all of the texture on this mixed media piece. I started this piece with a 6 inch X 6 inch canvas. I covered the canvas with paper from a variety of books in different languages as well as music sheets. I also cut apart a bingo card and decoupaged that onto the canvas.

The next layers were built up over time. I would pick up the piece every day and either smear some texture paste, crackle medium or spray inks onto the canvas. The arrows at the top and the circles at the bottom were made by pushing Liquidtex texture paste through a brass stencil and sequin waste. I used my favorite spray inks by Dylusions as well as Tim Holtz's Distress Stains to add the color.

The clock image at the bottom as well as the Chinese (I think it's Chinese) characters at the top were added last. I stamped these images onto white tissue paper using Black Staz-On ink. I then decoupaged the tissue paper on top of all the texture. I love how the tissue paper melts into the canvas and you still see the texture underneath.


6x6 art swap 2

Here is a shot of one side of the canvas. This really shows the crackle medium an the texture paste. Once everything was dry I ran a bronze ink pad over the top to highlight the peaks.

It was so much fun creating this art piece. I loved being able to pick it up everyday and add a little something new.

1 comment:

  1. Every weekend i used to go to see this website, because i want enjoyment, for the reason that this
    this site conations genuinely good funny material too.



    Stop by my page ... Read the Full Article ()

    ReplyDelete