Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's Election Time!

It is election season here in Thailand as the country gears up for a general election on July 3rd. Unlike in the US, the amount of time between the announcement of elections and the actual elections is only a few months, so instead of being bombarded for a year with election ads, here in Thailand we only have to endure it for a couple of weeks. Luckily for me, since I am a) not a Thai citizen so I can't vote and b) I can't speak or read Thai, I am able to block it all out, with one exception...

It seems that the preferred method for the hundreds of candidates to get their message to the masses is to use huge posters that they attach to every tree, lamp post, powerline or flat surface available. Obviously this makes walking down the sidewalk even more of an adventure than normal.
It's a Thai version of Ross Perot!

While most of the political posters are boring head shots of the candidates, I actually came to an abrupt stop and had to do a double take when I spotted these posters. 

I have no idea what they are for, or which political party is responsible, but whoever created these posters definitely has a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment