Saturday, September 4, 2010

Our First Week

Our first week in Bangkok has been quite uneventful. We've already settled into somewhat of a routine for each day.

5:30 am- Wake up and get ready for the day.

6:00 am- Eat our complimentary breakfast at the restaurant in our apartment building. It is very similar to a typical continental breakfast in the US with cereal, toast, juice and fruit but it also has salad and you can order off a set menu that includes sandwiches, Japanese, and Thai dishes. They also have eggs, bacon, and french toast that you can order.

6:30 am- Eric leaves the apartment for work. He has a driver that takes him back and forth to work every day.

6:30 am- 11:00 am - I use this time to talk to family back home, either through Skype or with our Vonage phone.

11:00 am- 1:00 pm- I go for a walk around our neighborhood. We live in the financial/business district so there a lot of people walking around during the day, and there are a ton of street vendors selling everything from grilled chicken to snow-cones. It is great opportunity to people watch and get to know the area. I also go shopping at the local mall and grocery store.

1:00 pm -3:00 pm - I eat lunch and play on the internet some more.

3:00 pm -5:00 pm - I go down to the small gym located in our building and use the elliptical machine and free weights. I then go for a swim and read by the pool for a while.

5:30 pm- Usually around this time, Eric will call me to let me know when he is half an hour away from home. I will then go down to the street vendors and pick up some food for dinner. This week we've had grilled chicken and pork, chicken livers ( I bought these with out know what they were- never again :-) ) and a crepe type of desert.

6:00 pm -6:30 pm - Eric arrives home from work. We then eat dinner and just relax in the apartment.

9:00 pm- Get ready for bed and to start it all over again the next day.

So there is our schedule for the day. Not very exciting, but I thought I would share anyway. This weekend we are going to pick out the exact condo we want for our permanent housing. We will keep you updated on the search!

Here are some photos from our temporary apartment.


Soi Saladaeng 1- Where our temporary apartment is located

Bangkok sunrise from our balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment